Holiday Brisket in Sauce
Baked long and slow, this tender beef brisket has a delicious, ready-to-serve sauce when done.
1 (5-pound) beef brisket
1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
1 (10-ounce) bottle steak sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large onions, sliced, separated into rings
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place meat in roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine preserves, steak sauce, ketchup and mix well. Add onions and gently toss to coat.
- Pour mixture evenly over meat. Cover with foil; pierce foil in several places with sharp knife or fork to vent.
- Bake 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the meat drippings.
Makes 12 servings.