Matzo Strawberry Tart
A delightful honey-sweetened fresh strawberry tart for Passover.
Matzo Tart Shell:
1/3 cup vegetable shortening (preferably Crisco brand)
1 cup matzo cake meal
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- For Matzo Tart Shell: Cut shortening into matzo cake meal until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine water and honey; mix well. Sprinkle over matzo mixture. Mix lightly to form dough; shape into ball. Press dough into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow pastry to firm up.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- For Filling: Combine honey and lemon juice; mix well. Brush bottom of tart shell with mixture. Fill tart shell with strawberries. Drizzle remaining honey mixture over berries.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.