Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A savory crust of garlic, lemon and stuffing
mix makes this half-leg of lamb special. Roasted atop a bed of
sliced potatoes, it's perfect for a small dinner party.
Crusted Lamb and
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut
into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Upper thigh half (3 to 3 1/2 pounds) of
1 leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- Seasoning Paste:
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Arrange potatoes over bottom of a 15 x
12-inch roasting pan; pour broth into pan, then set lamb on potatoes.
Roast in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 45 minutes.
- For Seasoning Paste In a small bowl, mash
all ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Spread paste evenly over lamb and potatoes.
Continue to roast until crust on meat is well browned and a meat
thermometer inserted in thickest part of lamb at bone register
140°F to 145°F (60°C) for medium-rare, about 25 more
minutes. Transfer lamb and potatoes to a platter; pour any pan
juices over all.
- To serve, slice lamb across the grain;
season lamb and potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 6 servings.