Easter Leg of Lamb
Succulent roasted leg of lamb enrobed in an orange marmalade-glaze.
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (5 to 6-pound) leg of lamb
1 (18-ounce) jar orange marmalade
- Combine the garlic, paprika, salt, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Trim fat from lamb. make 12 deep slits on outside of lamb; rub spice mixture into slits and over entire surface of lamb. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes; baste with orange marmalade.
- Bake an additional 1 hour and 14 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160°F (70°C), basting frequently with orange marmalade.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.