Fresh Mint and Garlic Marinated Grilled Lamb Loin Chops
with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Green Beans
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/2 bunch parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 bunch mint leaves, chopped
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 lamb loin chops
1/4 cup olive oil - divided use
1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound green beans, stems removed
1 tablespoon butter
Freshly ground black pepper
- For Lamb: In a bowl, add the garlic, shallot, herbs, olive oil ,vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Place lamb chops into a bowl and add 3/4 cup of marinade (reserve the remaining marinade for the sauce). Mix to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the lamb to desired temperature (medium-rare is recommended). Remove from heat and allow the lamb chops to rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle the chops with the reserved mint and garlic sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes and green beans.
- For Potatoes: Place a sheet pan in the oven and preheat to 425°F. In a bowl, combine 1/8 cup of olive oil and the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat potatoes. Pour 1/8 cup olive oil onto the hot sheet pan and allow to heat for 1 minute. Place the potatoes onto the hot sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately .
- For Green Beans: In a large pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt and 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender, approximately 4 minutes. Remove beans from water, place into bowl with butter and toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.