Herb-Crusted Lamb Cutlets
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
4x3 French-trimmed Australian lamb cutlet racks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup fresh wholewheat bread crumbs
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 teaspoons basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine bread crumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl.
- Press bread crumb mixture into lamb racks.
- Place lamb in shallow baking dish and roast uncovered for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 135°F (57.2°C) for medium rare.
- Let lamb stand 5 minutes before cutting racks into cutlets.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.