Lamb Chops Madrid
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
Seasoned Oil Blend:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 lamb chops per person, 1 1/4-in thick each
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sweet onions, chopped
1 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup apricots, dry, chopped
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
- For Seasoned Oil Blend: In a small bowl, prepare seasoned oil blend and liberally coat chops.
- For Chops: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan. Add chops and brown on both sides until light brown. Remove chops and keep warm. Discard fat.
- For Sauce: Add onions to pan and sauté until soft. Add sherry, reduce by 1/3.
- Separate the onions and discard (or keep the onions, if desired). Add apricots, brown sugar, parsley and butter; blend well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve sauce with chops immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.