Lamb Chops with Red Peppers and Herbs
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried savory
1 teaspoon dried basil
8 lamb chops, 1 1/2-inch thick (2 per person)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
8 cloves garlic, whole
1 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon summer savory or sweet basil, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- For Seasoning Blend: Combine the seasoning blend in a small bowl.
- For Lamb Chops: Coat the meat with the seasoning mix. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes total. Remove chops and pour off fat.
- For Pan Sauce: Add olive oil, red peppers and garlic to skillet. Sauté vegetables, stirring frequently for 6 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Add wine and fresh herbs and return chops to pan. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered or until sauce is reduced by half. Turn chops
- over once or twice. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.