Lamb Shoulder Chop Tuscan Style
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
4 lamb shoulder chops
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup white wine
12 ounces canned tomatoes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano, dry, flaked
1 slice mozzarella cheese per person
- Prepare seasoned flour in a medium bowl and cover chops with mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Brown chops on both sides until light brown. Remove chops from skillet onto plate. Discard fat from skillet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Add tomato paste, onions, garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add white wine, crushed tomatoes and oregano. Return chops to skillet, cover and braise over low heat for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove chops and keep warm in oven.
- Purée all the sauce in blender. Cover meat with sauce. Top with melted mozzarella cheese. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.