Lamb Spareribs with
Rosemary, Garlic and Honey-Balsamic Glaze
Flavorful fall-off-the-bone tender lamb ribs coated with a delectable honey-balsamic glaze.
1 1/4 cups balsamic vinegar - divided use
3/4 cup olive oil
4 to 6 pounds California lamb spareribs
Salt, as needed
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped, fresh rosemary
1/4 cup honey
- Whisk together 3/4 cups vinegar and olive oil; brush over all sides of ribs.
- Season with salt.
- Rub both sides of ribs with garlic and rosemary.
- Cover tightly; marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours or up to 24.
- Thoroughly mix remaining 1/2 cups vinegar with honey; reserve.
- To cook, arrange ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Cook at 325°F (160°C) until meat is just tender, about 1 1/2 hours. (Ribs can be cooked in a covered barbecue grill.) To finish, frequently baste with reserved honey mixture until meat is very tender, about 20 minutes. Cut into 2 to 3 rib portions.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the California Sheep Commission.