Leg of Lamb with Herb Rub
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
1 leg of lamb, butterflied*
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon each; dry basil, thyme, savory
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Preheat oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Remove netting and roll/fold the lamb leg open to make as flat as possible.
- Combine the ingredients for the herb rub in a small bowl.
- Rub crushed garlic into the meat. Coat the meat with the herb rub and transfer into a baking dish.
- Put meat in the oven and bake for 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (162.7°C).
Makes 5 servings.
*Prepared from boneless, netted leg of lamb.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.