Mandarin Orange Lamb Casserole
A hearty and satisfying lamb and wild rice casserole with mandarin oranges and artichoke hearts.
1 pound lamb, cubed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (6-ounce) package wild rice mix
1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin orange sections
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 1/2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a skillet, brown cubed lamb in oil.
- Cook wild rice mix according to the package directions.
- Drain mandarin orange sections; reserving the liquid.
In a mixing bowl combine the liquid from the orange sections with cream of celery soup, sour cream, grated orange peel, gingerroot, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked lamb, the cooked rice, thinly sliced celery, and chopped onion. Gently stir in the mandarin oranges and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.