Marinated Leg of Lamb
Leg of lamb has wonderful flavor and is naturally tender. This classic recipe for leg of lamb uses a citrus and spice marinade that your family and guests will definitely enjoy. The side dish of Simple Risotto with Peas & Parmesan is a subtle complement to this delectable entrée, and Orange & Feta Fudgy Brownies add a decidedly Mediterranean flair.
3 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 (4 to 5-pound) leg of lamb
- Mix bouillon and water in medium bowl until dissolved. Add vinegar, lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, garlic, basil and thyme; stir until well combined.
- Place lamb in large plastic bag; pour marinade over lamb. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Turn lamb over halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease roasting pan.
- Place lamb in prepared pan; reserve marinade.
- Bake, marinating every 30 minutes with reserved marinade, for 2 hours or until golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and potatoes, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.