Mediterranean Braised Shoulder Chops
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
6 lamb shoulder chops
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 1/2 cups diced red bell peppers
6 cups canned tomatoes
1 1/2 cups sliced black olives
3 cups artichoke hearts, quartered
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole dish. Brown shoulder chops on both sides and remove.
- Add garlic and red peppers to pan and brown slightly. Add the canned tomatoes, olives and shoulder chops.
- Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and oregano. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- For each serving, place 1 chop with 3/4 cup sauce on a serving plate.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.