Red Currant Roast Lamb
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
1 boneless Australian lamb leg
1/3 cup red currant jelly (or plum sauce)
1/4 cup water
- Bake lamb at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes per pound.
- Combine the red currant jelly and water in a pan and heat until melted. Baste the lamb twice with the syrup during last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Allow lamb to rest for 20 minutes before carving into slices and serving with a salad of spring vegetables and lemon dressing tossed with couscous.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: For variety try these other delicious lamb roast bastes:
- 1 tablespoon mustard mixed with 1 tablespoon honey.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.