Roast Rack of Lamb with Sweet Pea Crust and Pumpkin Aïoli
Recipe courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.
2 Australian lamb racks (4 chops per rack)
2 tablespoons frozen peas, defrosted
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
2 tablespoons shelled pistachios, chopped
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1 large egg yolk
4 ounces peeled pumpkin, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven and place the lamb racks on a baking tray.
- For Crust: Mix peas, butter, pistachios, bread crumbs and egg yolk in a food processor or blender until well combined. Press the sweet pea crust onto the top side of the lamb racks (but not on the bones).
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before serving.
- For Pumpkin Aïoli: While the lamb is cooking, steam or microwave the pumpkin until tender. Mash with a fork and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the garlic, and mayonnaise. Spoon into a bowl.
- To Serve: Cut each rack into 2 and serve with the Pumpkin Aïoli.
Makes 2 servings.
Tip: 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree may be substituted for the fresh pumpkin.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Meat and Livestock Australia.