Vegetable Lamb Chop Skillet Dinner
Recipe courtesy of the American Lamb Board.
4 American Lamb shoulder chops, 3/4-inches thick
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup boiling water
1 beef bouillon cube
1 1/2 cups loosely packed cauliflower (bite-sized pieces)
2 large carrots, thickly sliced
4 small onions
2 medium potatoes, quartered
3/4 cup broccoli florets
8 cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil with garlic. Add chops; brown on both sides. Add wine, boiling water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chops are almost tender.
- Arrange cauliflower, carrots, onions and potatoes around chops. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until all are tender.
- During last 8 minutes of cooking, add broccoli During last 5 minutes of cooking, add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 486; Total Fat: 21g; Cholesterol: 136mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 965mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Lamb Board.