Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This fluffy Parmesan cheese omelet, filled
with tender asparagus pieces, makes a satisfying entree that
can be served anytime of the day.
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and
cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 green onions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about
5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2
teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend
well. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high
heat, add sliced green onions and cook until onions are translucent,
about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked asparagus; cook until heated
through. Reduce heat to medium. Spread the asparagus mixture
in single layer in skillet. Pour egg mixture over asparagus.
Cook until eggs are very softly set, tilting skillet, gently
running rubber spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg
portion to flow underneath, about 4 minutes.
- Tilt skillet and slide omelet out onto
plate, folding omelet in half. Cut omelet into wedges and serve.