Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti with
Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
If you're ready for the challenge of eating healthy, try this mouth-watering, easy-to-make recipe.
1 box Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 to 6 leaves basil, sliced into thin strips
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté minced garlic in olive oil until slightly yellow.
- Add cherry tomatoes and sauté 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic and half the basil. Add reserved cooking liquid to skillet and toss pasta again.
- Top with Parmigiano, black pepper and remaining basil.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 284 Protein: 12 g Carbohydrate: 49 g Dietary Fiber: 7 g Total Sugars: 2 g Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 1.7 g Cholesterol: 7 mg Calcium: 96 mg Sodium: 229 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.TryBarillaWholeGrain.com; through ARA Content.