Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A simple, delicious and satisfying pasta
toss with bow tie pasta, sauteed onion, garlic, garbanzo beans,
spinach and Parmesan cheese.
Farfalle with Spinach
and Garbanzo Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen leaf spinach,
thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta, cooked
as directed on package
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large nonstick
skillet over medium heat. Add onion
and garlic and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
Pour in vegetable broth and simmer until liquid
is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
Add garbanzo beans and spinach and boil 1 minute.
- Transfer spinach mixture to large bowl.
Add pasta. Drizzle pasta with remaining
1 tablespoon olive oil and toss. Season
pasta with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with grated
Parmesan and toss well. Serve.