Flatbread Pizza with Mozzarella and Smoked Gouda
This gourmet, yet simple flatbread pizza was created by chef Matthew Silverman of Vintner Grill, Las Vegas.
1/3 cup canned fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup bottled roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon roasted garlic (home roasted or purchased)
3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 flatbreads, such as pocketless pita or naan
1 1/2 cups Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups Wisconsin Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
4 large Portobello mushrooms, grilled and sliced
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Fresh basil leaves, sliced (optional)
- For Romesco Sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender and puree. Set aside.
- For Pizzas: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place flatbreads on two large cookie sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake five to seven minutes. Remove from oven and top each flatbread with 1/4 of the romesco sauce.
- Reset oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, toss Mozzarella and Smoked Gouda cheese together. Sprinkle the cheese, divided equally, over the four flatbreads. Top each with mushroom slices and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Bake until cheese melts and crusts crisp, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle pizzas with fresh basil, if desired.
Makes 4 flatbreads.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of www.WisDairy.com; through ARAcontent.