Individual homemade pizza crusts, enriched with oats, are topped with sliced bell pepper, onions, plum tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
2/3 cup lukewarm water
1 (0.25-ounce) package quick-rise yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1/2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper, any color
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In small bowl, combine warm water, yeast, oil and sugar; mix. Let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In large bowl, combine flour and oats. Add yeast mixture; blend on low speed of electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 1 minute.
- Shape dough into ball; place in greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in warm place 20 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Punch dough down; divide into four portions.
- On a greased cookie sheet, pat each portion of dough into 6-inch circle. Top with Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, onion, basil, garlic and tomatoes, in that order, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Makes 4 individual servings.