Individual Tomato Florentine Stratas
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
2 cups torn fresh spinach (about 4 ounces)
1 1/2 cups (1-inch) whole wheat bread cubes (about 2 slices)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place 1/2 cup spinach in each of four greased 10-ounce custard cups. Top with bread, dividing evenly.
- Toss tomato with Italian seasoning; spoon evenly over bread.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Slowly pour scant 1/2 cup egg mixture over tomato in each cup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place cups in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in center of 350°F (175°C) oven until custards are puffed and begin to pull away from sides of cups and knife inserted near centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 170; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 220mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 222mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.