Penne Pasta In Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Serve this simple pasta toss with warm, crusty bread, a spinach salad and orange slices.
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Warm a 10-inch sauté pan. Add the butter and melt until lightly brown.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook until translucent.
- Add the stock and cook until three-fourths reduced.
- Add the penne. Toss and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and the cheese. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to thin the texture slightly. Season with the pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread and a spinach salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.