Roasted Veggie Pizza
The garlic-basil pesto sauce is a great change of pace from the traditional tomato-based pizza sauce.
8 to 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon each dried rosemary, oregano and thyme
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (1-pound) pre-baked Italian bread shell crust
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place mushrooms, onion and peppers in a roasting or baking pan lined with foil. Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and thyme; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine basil, oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Spread with sauce; top with the tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with roasted vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 4 (2 slice) servings.