Spaghetti with Fresh Vegetables
A fast and creamy dish of spaghetti pasta tossed in an easy, cheesy mushroom sauce.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1 (1cup) yellow bell pepper, julienne
1 small (2 cups) zucchini, diced
1 small (2 cups) yellow squash, diced
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pint (3 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and black pepper, to taste
4 Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Using the side of a knife, gently press and peel the garlic and sauté in skillet for 1 minute, or until slightly brown.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and asparagus and sauté until heated but not completely cooked.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt and ground black pepper and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet and toss with basil before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe created by By Chef Lorenzo Boni.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.