Thin Spaghetti with Pesto and Green Beans
This unique and delicious pasta dish combines the goodness of whole grain spaghetti with a simple-to-make pesto sauce, fresh green beans and potatoes. Recipe created by By Chef Lorenzo Boni.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti
1/2 clove garlic
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 tablespoon Romano cheese, freshly grated
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 ounces fresh green beans
1/2 cup potato, small diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Bring second pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, place garlic, pine nuts and cheese in blender, cover and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add basil, olive oil, salt and pepper and continue blending for 2 minutes or until desired consistency had been reached.
- Cut green beans into 1/2-inch pieces, stems removed, and cook in second pot of water for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Add potatoes to boiling pot of pasta for last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Drain pasta and potatoes and toss with pesto and green beans.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.