Zucchini Crescent Pie
Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls make an easy crust for this zucchini, onion and cheese pie.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 large eggs, well beaten
2 cups shredded Muenster or mozzarella cheese
1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- In large bowl, combine eggs and cheese; mix well. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 10-inch pie pan, 12x8-inch (2-quart) baking dish or 11-inch quiche pan; press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread crust with mustard. Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.