Chicken Liver Cookies
A homemade treat for you dog.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 cup chopped cooked chicken livers
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup canned mixed vegetables, mashed
- Combine flour and cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with the oil; add broth and parsley, mixing well.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well. Add the chicken livers and mix well.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 15 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in refrigerator.