Apple-Berry Crumble Pie
An easy pie that looks and tastes like it took a whole lot more effort.
1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°). Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Add melted butter; mix well. Set aside 3/4 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture firmly onto bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Using same bowl, stir together pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon filling over hot crust, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle reserved oat topping evenly over filling.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.