Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Make an easy oat streusel -- use some for
the crust, save some for the topping -- add a can of apple pie
filling mixed with dried cranberries -- and you've got a pie
that lookes and tastes like it took a lot more effort.
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or
old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°). Grease
a 9-inch glass pie plate; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown
sugar and baking soda. Add melted butter; mix well. Set aside
3/4 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture
firmly onto bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden
brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Using same bowl, stir together pie filling,
cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon filling over hot
crust, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle reserved oat topping evenly over
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until topping
is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of The Quaker Oats Company.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.