Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Your family will love this all-American
dessert with apples, cranberries and a crumbly streusel topping.
Apple Cranberry Streusel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed light brown
- 6 tablespoons old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (for a
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled,
cored, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 11/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, and
cinnamon. Gradually stir in butter until mixture is crumbly;
- Roll pie crust in a circle with an 11-inch
diameter on lightly floured surface. Place the pie crust into
a 9-inch pie plate and fold excess crust under at the edge of
the pie plate. Press pie crust together along the rim to form
a thick crust. Create a decorative edge by pressing down on the
crust with fingers or tines of a fork, if desired.
- Combine apples, cranberry sauce, brown
sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture
into pie crust. Sprinkle with Streusel mixture.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are
tender. Serve warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of www.butterball.com, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.