Apple Pearadise Pie
The combination of a chewy coconut crust, apples, strawberries and pears makes a winner of a pie.
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted, according to package directions
1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, defrosted and slightly drained
1 (16-ounce) can pear halves, drained and cut into 1/2-inch slices
Lightly sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine coconut and butter in medium bowl; firmly press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Combine escalloped apples and strawberries. Arrange pears in crust; spoon apple mixture over pears. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.