Apple Streusel Pie
This pie is a simple to make tasty treat thanks to the convenience of frozen escalloped apples and ready-to-use, refrigerated pie crust.
2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 of a (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
2 tablespoons milk
- Thaw escalloped apples in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 5 to 6 minutes; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and flour in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Stir in walnuts. Cover and chill.
- Stir cinnamon into apples.
- Roll pie crust into a 15-inch circle. Fit into a well-greased 10-inch ovenproof skillet, allowing dough to hang over edges of skillet. Spoon apple mixture into shell; fold pastry over filling, leaving center of pie uncovered. Brush pastry with milk. Sprinkle butter mixture over top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until browned. Serve pie warm.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.