Caramel-Cream Pumpkin Pie
This could be your new favorite pumpkin pie with triple layers of caramel, sweetened cream cheese and pumpkin custard.
6 ounces soft caramel candies, melted
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
Cream Cheese Layer:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
- For Caramel Layer: In a small saucepan, combine caramel candies and evaporated milk. Cook over low heat until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture for topping and spread the remaining on the bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- For Cream Cheese Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Pour over the caramel mixture in the pie shell.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 minutes, or until set.
- For Pumpkin Layer: In a medium bowl mix together canned pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and ground cloves. Stir in evaporated milk; spoon over the pie. Cover the edges with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 20 minutes more, or until the center is set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.