Cherry-Orange Cream Cheese Pie
An orange liqueur-infused cream cheese pie with a zesty cherry topping sprinkled with sliced almonds and drizzled with hot fudge sauce.
1/4 cup orange juice
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or triple sec
1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
1 cup canned cherry pie filling
1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- Place orange juice in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over juice and let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat until dissolved; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in liqueur and gelatin mixture; blend well.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile bake pie crust according to package directions. Cool.
- Spoon thickened mixture into cooled pastry shell and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Combine pie filling and orange peel. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle almonds over cherries and drizzle with hot fudge topping. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Makes 8 servings.