Cherry Crunch Pie
Easiest crumble-topped cherry pie you'll ever make.
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
1 large egg yolk, beaten
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush the bottom and sides of a graham cracker pie crust with a slightly beaten egg yolk. Place pie pan on a baking sheet in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until light brown. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stirring until smooth. Add cherry pie filling and combine. Spoon into the pie crust.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, quick cooking oats (uncooked), and melted butter. Mix well and spoon over the cherry filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes on a baking sheet. Cool.
Makes 8 servings.