Chocolate-Banana-Pecan Cream Pie
Your family and guests will enjoy this special banana cream cheese pie topped with toasted pecans, a drizzle of chocolate and sweetened whipped cream.
1/4 cup butter
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium bananas, sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Sweetened Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For Filling: Cream together butter and softened cream cheese; gradually add powdered sugar alternately with cream, beginning and ending with the powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- Gently toss sliced bananas in lemon juice; drain.
- Spoon half the filling in baked pie shell and top with the bananas. Follow with the remaining filling then sprinkle with toasted, chopped pecans; set aside.
- For Chocolate Drizzle: Melt semisweet chocolate chips over low heat. Drizzle over the pie.
- For Sweetened Whipped Cream: Beat heavy cream to soft peaks; add powdered sugar and beat until stiff. Pipe or spread over the pie.
Makes 8 servings.