Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Pie with Mocha Drizzle
This quick and easy chocolate cheesecake pie is perfect for summer. Created by Milisa Armstrong of Miss in the Kitchen, this pie’s rich chocolate flavor is lightened with whipped cream mousse and you don’t even have to turn the oven on!
1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream - divided use
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) prepared chocolate crumb crust
1 teaspoon espresso powder
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with electric mixer until it starts to form peaks. Add powdered sugar, slowly beating until incorporated. Stop mixer and scrape down sides if necessary. Pour whipped cream into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator.
- Place 1 cup morsels and 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (80%) power for 20 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place cream cheese and melted chocolate in mixer bowl; beat at medium speed until well combined. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until well combined and no white streaks remain. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup morsels, remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream and espresso powder in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (80%) power for 20 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour into small, resealable plastic bag; clip the corner off the bag. Drizzle over pie.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until mocha drizzle has set.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.