Chocolate Pecan Pie
A sweet, chocolaty twist on classic pecan pie.
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups pecan halves
1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixer bowl, place eggs, sugar and dark corn syrup.
- Attached with a flat beater turn to speed 6 for 1 minute then Stop and scrape the bowl.
- Reduce the speed to 4.
- Gradually add melted unsweetened chocolate and beat for 1 minute until well blended.
- Reduce the speed to stir and add pecan halves.
- Now pour the mixture into an unbaked pie pastry in an ungreased pie plate.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until slightly soft in the center.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.