Chocolate Turtle Brownie Pie
Rich chocolate flavor, caramels and pecans make up this delicious brownie pie—a perfect partner for a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. Try this one for entertaining or when you want to serve an extra special treat for your family.
8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces - divided use
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup toasted, chopped pecans - divided use
6 squares caramels, unwrapped
1 teaspoon milk
Vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate pieces in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Pieces may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat brown sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl on high until creamy. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Add flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1/3 cup chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 33 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes; remove ring.
- Microwave remaining chocolate in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals; kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over brownie.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 5 to 10-second intervals; stirring until smooth. Drizzle over brownie. Cut into slices and serve, if desired, with a scoop vanilla ice cream or a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 150 Total Fat: 17 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 160 mg Carbohydrates: 32 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 22 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.