Double Blueberry Pie
An easy to make, fresh blueberry pie that's doubly good thanks to the simple glaze made with blueberry jam.
1 (9-inch) frozen or homemade pie crust
1 (10-ounce) jar blueberry jam or fruit spread
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Bake pie crust; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable dish, combine blueberry jam and cinnamon.
- Microwave on HIGH until mixture melts, about 1 minute.
- Stir in fresh blueberries
- Spoon blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of the recipe): 393 calories, 68 g carbohydrate, 12 g total fat, 3.3 g saturated fat.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.