Double Fresh Fruit Tart
Recipe courtesy of Chilean Fresh Fruit.
2 (9-inch) frozen pie shells
1/2 cup almond paste (5 ounces)
1 large egg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 cups mixed Chilean fresh fruit including blueberries, raspberries, cherries and sliced apricots
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Press one pastry shell into a (9-inch) round tart pan with removable bottom. If desired, cut as many leaves as possible from second pie shell and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet; set aside.
- In food processor, combine almond paste, egg and sugar. Process until smooth.
- Fold in 2 cups fruit. Transfer the mixture to the pastry-lined tart pan.
- Bake tart until firm in the center, about 30 minutes If using, bake pastry leaves until golden, about 5 minutes
- Cool pie to room temperature.
- Just before serving, melt apricot preserves. Toss remaining 3 cups fruit with preserves; arrange on top of tart. If using, arrange pastry leaves around edge of tart; sprinkle edge with powdered sugar and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Chilean Fresh Fruit.