Fudge Chocolate Peppermint Pie
This festive pie has a chocolate brownie crust filled with peppermint ice cream topped with whipped cream and crushed peppemint candies.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
1 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate square
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chocolate malt mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy for sprinkling
- For Crust: Melt first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat chocolate mixture and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add flour and next 3 ingredients, beating until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely on wire rack.
- Press down center of crust gently. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- For Topping: Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with crushed candy.
Makes 8 servings.