Mocha Pecan Mud Pie
This yummy ice cream pie has a chocolate sandwich cookie crumb crust filled with both chocolate and coffee ice cream, chunks of cookie and sugar-glazed pecans.
1 cup cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (12 cookies)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans - Divided use
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
14 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped - divided use
- Preheat oven at 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Stir together cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Brush with egg white. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- For Sugar-Glazed Pecans: Place all the pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- For Filling: Stir together ice creams, 1 cup cookie chunks and 1 cup toasted pecans; spoon into crust. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Press remaining cookie chunks and 1/4 cup toasted pecans on top. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
Makes 8 servings.