Peachy Cream Cheese Pie
This pie has a cheesecake filling baked in a pastry crust and topped with glazed peaches and maraschino cherries.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
1 (29-ounce) can sliced peaches in syrup
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sliced maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, until smooth. Gradually add eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating well after each addition. Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile drain sliced peaches in syrup; reserve 1 cup of the syrup; set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in the reserved peach juice and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat, allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in almond extract. Set aside.
- Arrange the drained peaches in a circle, petal fashion, on top of the filling. Garnish with sliced maraschino cherries. Spoon the glaze over the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until set.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.