Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownie Pie
Easy entertaining at its best, this delicious peanut butter and milk chocolate pie, served with vanilla or chocolate ice cream, uses a prepared chocolate-crumb pie crust for ultimate convenience.
A finalist in the 2000 Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, this recipe was submitted by Joanne Lontz of Burlington, NJ.
1 (8-inch) chocolate crumb crust
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract - divided use
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1 2/3 cups (11-ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine cocoa, flour and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl; blend in sugar and butter. Add cocoa mixture; blend well. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels. Place crust on baking sheet; pour batter into crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine remaining morsels, cream and remaining vanilla extract in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cut pie into wedges; top with ice cream. Spoon sauce over ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.