Peanut Butter Brownie Pudding Pie
Created by Tracy Lausman, this brownie pudding pie can be served on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 (16-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, baked according to package directions
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Brownie Pudding Filling:
1 cup (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish
4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- For Crust: Pour half glass of milk. Dunk 1 peanut butter cookie into milk and eat. Best way to start any baking project.
- Place about 15 peanut butter cookies into a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Stop just before consistency of dust. You need 1 1/2 cups of crumbs so pulse cookies or remove some of the crumbs if needed. (Save remaining cookies for another use or for eating later.) Place cookie crumbs into bowl and pour in melted butter. Mix well. Press mixture onto bottom and up side of 10-inch pie plate to form crust.
- For Filling: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Melt 1 cup butter; set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes until very thick and light yellow.
- Sift cocoa powder and flour together; set aside. When egg and sugar mixture is ready, reduce speed to low and add vanilla seeds and flour mixture, mixing only until combined. With mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter mixture and mix again just until combined.
- Pour mixture into crust and place it in a larger baking pan. Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the pie plate.
- Bake for 1 hour. The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, then slice and serve with ice cream. Great served at room temperature too!
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.