Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie
A rich chocolate crust is the perfect complement to the creamy peanut butter filling and chocolate peanut topping that makes this pie so special.
Cindi Paulson of Anchorage, AK is one of our 1st Prize winners in the Best Tasting Recipe Contest sponsored by NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE and Better Homes & Gardens.
2 cups (about 22) finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream - divided use
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely chopped - divided use
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup chunky peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Refrigerate small mixer bowl.
- Combine crushed cookies, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 3/4 cup cream just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/4 cups morsels and 1/3 cup peanuts. Stir until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom and up sides of pie shell. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup cream in chilled mixer bowl to stiff peaks, adding vanilla extract one tablespoon at a time. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large mixer bowl for 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Gradually beat in peanut butter. Fold in whipped cream mixture. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Combine remaining morsels and remaining cream in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; knead. Microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over pie. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Freeze for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cover.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.