Pumpkin Almond Pie
The essence of almonds permeates this pumpkin almond pie. Crunchy toasted almonds line the pie shell and are spooned over the top of the pie. Luscious, moist pumpkin adds contrast and flavor.
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, finely chopped
1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds over bottom of crust; press into crust.
- For Pumpkin Layer: Combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie shell.
- For Almond Layer: Combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter and almond extract in medium bowl; stir in almonds. Spoon over pumpkin layer.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 450 Fat: 20 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 230 mg Carbohydrates: 64 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.