Pumpkin Cheese-Swirled Pie
Swirls of sweetened cream cheese add a delightful presentation and creamy flavor to this pumpkin pie.
1 (9-inch) deep-dish unbaked pie crust*
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light corn syrup - divided use
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Beat cream cheese in small mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1/4 cup corn syrup and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, remaining corn syrup, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded tablespoon onto pumpkin filling. Swirl mixture with spoon, pulling pumpkin mixture up to surface.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.